NEW - Fish Tacos - This Lent Only!
Double Decker Fish Taco - made with IPA Battered Cod Loin, fresh Mango salsa, and Queso Fresco, and an avocado.
- Two Tacos - $12.99
- Available every Friday during Lent
- Pre-Order Now!
To order, click the link below, select the location you would like to order from (Okemos or REO Town), then choose Friday, February 24th for your date.
The Crab Rangoon Pizza Will be Available at Both Slice Locations Every Friday of Lent!
Our Crab Rangoon Pizza is made with our housemade 14" dough. Topped with cream cheese, mozzarella, Thai chili sauce, wontons, and green onions. It's the pizza that put Slice on the map!
We expect to sell out, so if you're interested please consider pre-ordering to save your spot.
To order, click the link below, then choose Friday, February 24th.
Thank you for purchasing a Christmas Meal from Saddleback BBQ!
We recommend setting aside 3.5 hours for this process. This will allow you to complete all necessary steps without worrying about having the food ready on time. So if you'd like to eat at 5 pm, start this process at 1:30 pm.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Leave the Beef Shank in the saran wrap
- Place in a large pan
- Put about an inch of water in the pan
- Cover the pan in aluminum foil
- Place in oven with a 90-minute timer
- Once the timer goes off, remove it from the oven, flip over the beef shank
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil again
- Place back in the oven for an additional hour
- Check the meat to feel for tenderness, it should feel soft/gelatinous, and should have an internal temperature over 165 degrees
- If the meat still feels stiff, place it back in the oven for another 30 minutes
Mashed Potatoes -Remove the plastic lid and cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 30 min remove and serve.
Gravy - Place in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally and pull off the heat once you reach your desired temperature (3-6 minutes)
Lobster Mac & Cheese - Remove the plastic lid and cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 30 min remove and serve.
We hope you enjoy your meal! Below are our recommended steps for reheating your food.
Each meal kit comes with:
- 1lb of turkey
- 1lb of Mashed Potatoes
- 1lb of Stuffing
Our recommended reheating instructions are as follows:Turkey:1 pound Turkey comes wrapped in plastic wrapping. Remove from plastic wrap and microwave on high for 1.5 minutes or until turkey reaches desired temperature.Mashed Potatoes:Leave Mashed Potatoes in the 16 oz microwaveable safe container. Remove lid and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes, stir after 1.5 minutes and continue. Butter can be added for additional creaminessStuffing:Leave Stuffing in the 16 oz microwaveable container. Remove lid and microwave on high fro 1.5 minutes or until stuffing reaches desired temperature. If desired temperature is reached and the stuffing seems dry, add 2 oz of water to stuffing and stir
When selecting a caterer for your barn wedding, there are several factors to consider, including:
Experience: Look for a caterer who has experience working at barn weddings or other outdoor events. They should have a good understanding of the unique challenges and opportunities that come with hosting a wedding in a barn.
Menu options: Consider the type of cuisine you want to serve at your wedding, and look for a caterer who can provide the dishes and flavors you are looking for. Ask to see their menus and sample their food before making a decision.
Service style: Decide on the type of service you want at your wedding, such as sit-down, buffet, or family-style. Make sure the caterer you choose can provide the service style you prefer.
Cost: Determine your budget for catering and look for a caterer who can provide the level of service and quality you want within your budget. Don't be afraid to ask for a detailed breakdown of their prices and any additional fees.
References: Ask the caterer for references from past clients, and contact them to get feedback on the caterer's food, service, and overall experience. This will give you a good sense of what to expect if you choose to work with the caterer.
Flexibility: Look for a caterer who is flexible and willing to work with you to create a customized menu and experience for your barn wedding. They should be open to your ideas and suggestions, and able to make adjustments as needed.
Professionalism: Choose a caterer who is professional, reliable, and organized. They should be able to provide all necessary permits and licenses, and have a good reputation in the catering industry.
Attention to detail: Pay attention to the caterer's attention to detail and ability to handle the logistics of your barn wedding. They should be able to handle everything from setup and decor to serving and cleanup, and be able to adapt to any unexpected challenges that may arise.
We love Charlie Munger at Saddleback BBQ. He is a mentor of ours. Here are our top 10 favorite quotes from Charlie Munger:
- "To get what you want, you have to deserve what you want. The world is not yet a crazy enough place to reward a whole bunch of undeserving people."
- "I constantly see people rise in life who are not the smartest, sometimes not even the most diligent, but they are learning machines. They go to bed every night a little wiser than they were when they got up and boy does that help, particularly when you have a long run ahead of you."
- "The great investors are always very careful. They think things through. They take their time. They're calm. They're not in a hurry. They don't get excited. They just go after the facts, and they figure out the value. And that's what we try to do."
- "If you want to be a good investor, you have to have a long-term perspective. You have to be willing to be very patient and wait for the right pitch. And when you get the right pitch, you have to be ready to swing hard. You can't just take a little teeny tiny swing. You have to swing with all your might."
- "The best thing a human being can do is to help another human being know more."
- "I always laugh when people talk about how they're going to learn how to invest. It's not a subject you learn in a few weeks. It takes a lifetime to learn how to invest properly."
- "The big money is not in the buying and the selling, but in the waiting."
- "I don't have to be an expert on every company, or even many. I only have to be able to evaluate industries and the leaders within them."
- "You're not learning anything if you're not making mistakes."
- "I believe in the discipline of mastering the best that other people have ever figured out. I don't believe in just sitting down and trying to dream it all up yourself. Nobody's that smart."
There are several advantages to franchising your bbq restaurant business, including:
- Rapid expansion: Franchising allows you to expand your business much more quickly than you could on your own. Instead of opening new locations yourself, you can sell franchises to entrepreneurs who are interested in running their own bbq restaurant. This can help you grow your brand and reach new markets much faster.
- Access to capital: Franchisees are typically required to pay an initial franchise fee and ongoing royalties to the franchisor. This can provide a significant source of capital for your business, which can be used to fund expansion, invest in new equipment, or develop new products and services.
- Shared risk: When you franchise your business, you share the risk of expansion with your franchisees. Instead of shouldering all of the costs and risks associated with opening new locations yourself, franchisees bear some of that risk and are responsible for their own success or failure.
- Increased brand recognition: Franchising can help you increase brand recognition and awareness for your bbq restaurant. As franchisees open new locations and operate under your brand, they can help spread the word about your business and attract new customers.
- Access to new talent: Franchising can also provide access to new talent and expertise. Franchisees are typically experienced business owners who bring their own skills and knowledge to the table. This can help your business grow and develop in new ways.
The process of franchising a bbq restaurant business typically involves several steps, including:
Develop a strong, well-defined business concept: Before you can franchise your bbq restaurant, you need to have a clear understanding of what makes your business unique and why it would be attractive to potential franchisees. This may involve developing a comprehensive business plan, identifying your target market, and defining your brand and business model.
Create a franchise offering circular: A franchise offering circular is a document that provides detailed information about your franchise opportunity to potential franchisees. It typically includes information about your business, the terms of the franchise agreement, the initial franchise fee, and any ongoing fees or royalties.
Conduct a thorough legal review: Before offering franchises, it's important to have all of the necessary legal documents in place. This typically involves working with a franchise attorney to create a franchise agreement and other legal documents, as well as registering your franchise with the appropriate state and federal agencies.
Market your franchise opportunity: Once you have all of the necessary legal documents in place, you can begin marketing your franchise opportunity to potential franchisees. This may involve attending franchise trade shows, advertising in industry publications, and reaching out to potential franchisees directly.
Support your franchisees: Once you have franchisees in place, it's important to provide ongoing support to help them succeed. This may include providing training, marketing support, and ongoing business guidance. By providing ongoing support, you can help your franchisees grow their businesses and ensure the success of your franchise system.
When selecting a franchise attorney, it's important to choose someone who has experience in the franchise industry and a thorough understanding of the legal aspects of franchising.
Here are some steps you can follow to find the right attorney for your bbq restaurant business:
- Research and compile a list of potential attorneys: Start by asking for referrals from other franchisees or businesses in your industry. You can also search online for attorneys who specialize in franchising.
- Evaluate their experience and qualifications: Once you have a list of potential attorneys, carefully review their backgrounds and experience. Look for attorneys who have experience working with businesses in the restaurant industry, as well as experience with franchising specifically.
- Contact the attorneys on your list: Set up meetings or phone calls with the attorneys on your list to discuss your franchising plans and ask any questions you have. This is a good opportunity to get a sense of their communication style and level of expertise.
- Ask for references: Ask the attorneys for references from other franchisees or businesses they have worked with in the past. This will help you get a sense of their track record and how well they work with clients.
- Choose the attorney that you feel most comfortable with: After conducting your research and speaking with potential attorneys, choose the one who you feel has the experience and expertise to help you successfully franchise your bbq restaurant business. It's also important to choose someone you feel comfortable working with, as you will be collaborating closely with them on this important venture.
Explaining the Different Regions and Variations of BBQ Sauce
Barbecue sauce is a type of condiment that is typically made with a combination of tomato sauce or paste, vinegar, sugar, and various seasonings and spices. It is often used as a marinade or a sauce for grilled or smoked meats. There are many different regional styles of barbecue sauce, each with its own unique blend of ingredients and flavors. Some of the most common regional styles of barbecue sauce include:
Kansas City-style barbecue sauce: This style of sauce is known for its sweet, tangy flavor, with a base of tomato and molasses, and a blend of spices including garlic, onion, and black pepper.
Carolina-style barbecue sauce: This style of sauce is typically made with a vinegar base and is known for its tangy, slightly spicy flavor. It is often used on pulled pork, and is typically served with a side of coleslaw.
Memphis-style barbecue sauce: This style of sauce is known for its rich, smoky flavor, and is typically made with a base of tomato and vinegar, along with molasses and a blend of spices including paprika, cumin, and chili powder.
Texas-style barbecue sauce: This style of sauce is known for its bold, spicy flavor, and is typically made with a base of tomato and vinegar, along with chili peppers and a blend of spices including cumin, garlic, and onion.
Alabama-style barbecue sauce: This style of sauce is known for its unique, creamy texture, and is typically made with a base of mayonnaise and vinegar, along with a blend of spices including mustard and paprika.
Santa will be joining us at Saddleback BBQ (Okemos) this Sunday for a special meet and greet event! We want to celebrate our most loyal customers, so bring your family to enjoy a fun-filled evening with Santa and take some special holiday photos.
The event will take place from 5:00pm - 7:00pm, and we encourage everyone to stick around and enjoy dinner after the meet and greet.
We expect this to be very popular, and only have capacity for 80. To guarantee your spot with Santa, purchase a gift card. Gift cards go a long way with helping small businesses.
You must have a ticket to attend!
- When - Sunday, December 11th from 5:00 - 7:00pm
- Where - Saddleback BBQ Okemos (1754 Central Park Dr.)
- How to Get a Free Ticket - Fill out this form
- Guarantee Your Spot With Santa - Purchase a Gift Card
If you choose to purchase a gift card, it can be used to purchase food on the day of the event!
PS: Don't forget to bring your wish lists for Santa!
Saddleback partnered with local company Joyful Juniper to create some awesome Gift Boxes just in time for the Holiday Season!
For full descriptions of each item, more photos, pricing, and ordering, visit the Joyful Junipers website. They offer custom messaging and shipping for each gift box!
We have 4 options:
The American BBQ Box
An American BBQ Box for the world’s best grill master!
Saddleback & Whiskey Box
Includes GIR non-stick stainless steel tongs, an Old Fashioned Cocktail Kit, both Saddleback Sauces and Rubs.
The Saddleback & Mule Box
GIR Stainless Steel Tongs, Moscow Mule Cocktail Kit, Both Saddleback Sauces, and Rubs.
The BBQ & Beer Box
Cravings Candy Corn Popcorn, Beer Freeze Cooling Cup, GIR Stainless Steel Tongs, and Saddleback's Sweet & Savory Sauce.
Slow smoked Beef Shank (affectionately named Thor’s Hammer). Seasoned with heavy salt and pepper and a touch of “Moo Locks” Beef Rub. We then smoke it until it's fall off the bone tender. The Beef Shank is accompanied by Lobster Mac and Cheese with Herb Gratin, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Ceasar Salad, Gravy, and Dinner Rolls.
The meal is designed to feed 4-6 people. It will be served cold with reheating instructions. This special is only available December 22nd - 24th at our Okemos, REO Town, and West Lansing Locations.
- Page 1 of 19
- Next page