Santa will be joining us at Saddleback BBQ (Okemos) this Sunday for a special meet and greet event! We want to celebrate our most loyal customers, so bring your family to enjoy a fun-filled evening with Santa and take some special holiday photos.
The event will take place from 5:00pm - 7:00pm, and we encourage everyone to stick around and enjoy dinner after the meet and greet.
We expect this to be very popular, and only have capacity for 80. To guarantee your spot with Santa, purchase a gift card. Gift cards go a long way with helping small businesses.
You must have a ticket to attend!
- When - Sunday, December 11th from 5:00 - 7:00pm
- Where - Saddleback BBQ Okemos (1754 Central Park Dr.)
- How to Get a Free Ticket - Fill out this form
- Guarantee Your Spot With Santa - Purchase a Gift Card
If you choose to purchase a gift card, it can be used to purchase food on the day of the event!
PS: Don't forget to bring your wish lists for Santa!
Saddleback partnered with local company Joyful Juniper to create some awesome Gift Boxes just in time for the Holiday Season!
For full descriptions of each item, more photos, pricing, and ordering, visit the Joyful Junipers website. They offer custom messaging and shipping for each gift box!
We have 4 options:
The American BBQ Box
An American BBQ Box for the world’s best grill master!
Saddleback & Whiskey Box
Includes GIR non-stick stainless steel tongs, an Old Fashioned Cocktail Kit, both Saddleback Sauces and Rubs.
The Saddleback & Mule Box
GIR Stainless Steel Tongs, Moscow Mule Cocktail Kit, Both Saddleback Sauces, and Rubs.
The BBQ & Beer Box
Cravings Candy Corn Popcorn, Beer Freeze Cooling Cup, GIR Stainless Steel Tongs, and Saddleback's Sweet & Savory Sauce.
Slow smoked Beef Shank (affectionately named Thor’s Hammer). Seasoned with heavy salt and pepper and a touch of “Moo Locks” Beef Rub. We then smoke it until it's fall off the bone tender. The Beef Shank is accompanied by Lobster Mac and Cheese with Herb Gratin, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Ceasar Salad, Gravy, and Dinner Rolls.
The meal is designed to feed 4-6 people. It will be served cold with reheating instructions. This special is only available December 22nd - 24th at our Okemos, REO Town, and West Lansing Locations.
We will be giving out Holiday Meals to folks in need. You can donate a meal for someone in need for $25. For every meal donated, Saddleback will donate an additional meal!
The meals include enough food to feed two people, or one person with leftovers. Saddleback will be doubling all donations. So one donation can feed 4 people this Holiday season! If you’re interested in donating, just use this link.
The Meals include:
- 1lb of Protein
- 1lb of Mashed Potatoes
- 1lb of Stuffing
This Thanksgiving we were able to feed over 680 people thanks to all of your support! The meals were distributed from our Okemos location and with help from local churches.
Thank you for purchasing a Thanksgiving Meal from Saddleback BBQ! Here are our comprehensive reheating instructions.
We recommend setting aside 4-5 hours for this process. This will allow you to complete all of the necessary steps without worrying about having the food ready on time. So if you'd like to eat at 3pm, start this process at 10am.
- Put whole turkey in deep aluminum pan
- Add about and inch of water
- (Optional) Put a small amount of chicken stock in the water
- Put in oven at 300F
- Check after one hour, you’re looking for internal temperature of 165F
- If not done, place back in oven checking every 30 minutes
- This process can take up to three and a half hours for the turkey to reach 165F
- If the turkey gets done before you would like to eat, don't stress, just set your oven to it's lowest possible setting and keep it in the oven.
- Put half turkey in deep aluminum pan
- Add about and inch of water
- (Optional) Put a small amount of chicken stock in the water
- Put in oven at 300F
- Check after 50 minutes, you’re looking for internal temperature of 165F
- If not done, place back in oven checking every 20 minutes
- This process can take up to two hours for the turkey to reach 165F
Mashed Potatoes - Place in a saucepan, bring stove to medium heat. Add butter and milk and stir until you reach your desired consistency. Continue to stir occasionally until you reach your ideal temperature (5-10 minutes).
Mac & Cheese - Place in a saucepan, bring stove to medium heat. Add butter and milk and stir until you reach your desired consistency. Continue to stir occasionally until you reach your ideal temperature (5-10 minutes).
Gravy - Place in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally and pull off heat once you reach you desired temperature (3-6 minutes)
Sweet Potatoes - Place in a saucepan over medium heat. Add milk and butter until you reach your desired consistency. Continue to stir occasionally until you reach your ideal temperature (5-10 minutes).
One of Saddleback's long standing traditions is offering Thanksgiving Meals to the public. This year we're offering 4 different options. All meals will come fully cooked and served cold with simple reheating instructions. The meals are available for pickup from 11/21 - 11/23.
All of our turkeys are smoked using Michigan Hardwoods. All turkeys are sourced locally, free-range, antibiotic & hormone-free.
Whole Smoked Turkey Package – $299.99
Includes a whole smoked around 15-18lb fresh Otto’s Turkey, large containers of Mac and Cheese, Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing, Sweet Potatoes. A plentiful amount of Gravy and an assortment of Dinner Rolls. Feeds 7-10 people.
Half Smoked Turkey – $159.99
Includes a half smoked fresh Ottos Turkey around 8lbs, containers of Mac and Cheese, Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing, Gravy, Sweet Potatoes, and an assortment of Dinner Rolls. Feeds 3-6 People.
You can now order just the turkey or just a half turkey!
Whole Turkey - $259.99 (Expected to feed 7-10 People)
Half Turkey - $139.99 (Expected to feed 3-6 People)
4 Locations to Order From
Celebrate Mother's Day with Saddleback! We have several great options for you to make your day special.
- Dine in at our Okemos Location, you can make a reservation now!
- Eat some fantastic pizza at Slice by Saddleback!
- Order our Mother's Day Platter
Saddleback BBQ's Mothers Day Platter
Our Mother's Day Combo is designed to comfortably feed 3-4 people. It's designed to show off some of our best menu items!
- 1/2lb of Brisket
- 1/2lb of Pork
- 6 Smoked Wings
- 1lb of Mac & Cheese
- 2 Person Serving of Caesar Salad
- 1 Order of Chips and French Onion Dip
This special will be available Friday - Sunday (May 6th - 8th). To order, click the link above, select the location you would like to order from, choose either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday for your date. You can find the Combo under "Mother's Day Special"
Each Feast Comes with:
- Smoked Ham Finished with a Brown Sugar Bourbon Glaze
- Mac & Cheese
- Sweet Potatoes
- Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
4 Different Options:
You can also add a "Leftover Special" which will double the amount of side you receive to ensure you have leftovers!
- Full Feast - A full Ham, smoked and finished with a Brown Sugar Bourbon Glaze, Mac & Cheese, Sweet Potatoes, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, and Rolls - $219.99
- Half Feast - A half Ham, smoked and finished with a Brown Sugar Bourbon Glaze, Mac & Cheese, Sweet Potatoes, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, and Rolls - $124.99
- Full Ham ONLY - A full Ham, smoked and finished with a Brown Sugar Bourbon Glaze - $119.99
- Half Ham ONLY - A half Ham, smoked and finished with a Brown Sugar Bourbon Glaze - $59.99
To Order, click the link above, select the location you would like to order from, then choose either April 15th, 16th, or 17th for your date, the Easter Meals will be located under "Holiday Specials"!
You can pick you order up hot on Easter Sunday, or you can pick it up cold April 15th - 16th.
Crab Rangoon Pizza, Slice Launching Lunch, St. Patty's Day, and Lent!
Crab Rangoon Pizza - Friday's Only
Slice Testing Lunch - Tomorrow and Saturday
St. Patty's Day Special - March 17th
Lent Lobster Specials - Friday's Only
Our Newest Pizza - Our take on a Crab Rangoon!
This pizza is only available on Friday's. We view it as a unique option for Lent. If the pizza receives positive feedback we would love to add it to our permanent menu.
The pizza is topped with all of the traditional Crab Rangoon ingredients. A Cream Cheese base topped with Mozzarella, Crab, Scallions and baked in our wood-fired oven. Once cooked, we top it with a Sweet Thai Chili sauce and Fried Wontons.
To order, click on the link above, go to online ordering, then select Friday for your date, the pizza will be located under “Friday Specials”.
We hope you love it!
Testing Lunch at Slice
Who wants Lunch?! Slice is OPEN for lunch this Friday and Saturday, starting at 11 am!
We’ve had SO MANY people ask us about lunch, but we’re worried we won’t have enough business to make it sustainable. We need about 50 orders every day.We’re treating this as a test; if enough people show up, we’ll make it a permanent part of our business.
Lansing, let’s make it happen!
In addition to offering all of our standard pizza options, we're also selling Slices of pepperoni, cheese, meat lover, supreme, and Green & White pizzas.
To order, click on the link above, select Online Ordering, then select Friday or Saturday for your date.
Saddleback BBQ - St. Patty's Day Special!
Saddleback’s St.Patty’s Day special is now available for pre-order! This meal will only be available on Thursday, March 17th.
We’re offering: 1/3lb of Smoked Corned Beef, and boiled redskin potatoes, cabbage, and carrots. We sold the same meal last year and had some great reviews, we can’t wait to hear what you all think of it this year.
To pre-order, click the link above, select either Okemos or Lansing for your location, choose March 17th for your date, the meal is under “Thursday Specials”.
Saddleback BBQ's Lent Specials are Back!
For the past 5 years we've offered our Lobster Rolls and Lobster Bisque ever Friday during Lent. that's not changing this year!
- Full Combo (Full Lobster Roll, Lobster Bisque, Fries) - $18.99
- Half Combo (Half Lobster Roll, Lobster Bisque, Fries) - $15.99
- Full Roll - $9.99
- Half Roll - $6.99
- 8 oz of Bisque - $6.99
To order, click the link above, select either Lansing or Okemos for you location, choose tomorrows date, then look under "Friday Specials"
Our catering team put together a great option for office lunches during Lent!
LOBSTER ROLL BOXED LUNCHES - ONLY $12.00
1/2 Lobster Roll, Housemade Chips, Corncake, Pickles, and a Bottle of Water
AVAILABLE EVERY FRIDAY/MARCH 4 - APRIL 15
*Must order no later than noon on Wednesdays for Friday catering.
For the past 6 years, we've had a Lent Tradition of making Lobster Rolls and Bisque, and it's coming back Friday!
For every Friday during Lent, we will have homemade Lobster Rolls and Lobster Bisque available. If you order a meal you can choose either a half or a full sandwich, it will also come with the Bisque, French Fries!
- Full Combo - $18.99 (Full Lobster Roll, Cup of Lobster Bisque, and French Fries)
- 1/2 Combo - $15.99 (Half Lobster Roll, Cup of Lobster Bisque, and French Fries)
- Full Lobster Roll Only - $9.99
- 1/2 Lobster Roll Only - $6.99
- 8 oz Cup of Bisque - $6.99
You can also order just the Roll or just the Bisque. To pre-order your meal, use this link, select any Friday in Lent for the date, and look under "Friday Specials." Available at both Saddleback BBQ locations.
Thank you so much for purchasing our Valentine's Day special!
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees
- Leave wrapped in tin foil, place on oven-safe baking sheet.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and take off the tin foil to reveal the ribs.
- Place on cutting board and cut the ribs between each bone.
Citrus Half Chicken
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees.
- Leave half chicken wrapped in plastic wrap, add 1 inch of water to the provided aluminum pan, wrap the pan with foil.
- Place in oven and bake for 30-40 minutes. The water will heat the chicken by boiling in the pan.
- With 10 minutes remaining before the ribs get done, remove the chicken from the pan and take off the plastic wrap. PROCEED WITH CAUTION AND DISCARD THE WATER FROM THE PAN SAFELY.
- Place the chicken on another oven-safe baking sheet, top with Citrus mustard BBQ sauce, and roast in the oven for the remaining 10 minutes while the ribs finish cooking.
- Remove from the oven and ENJOY!
- Heat 2 TBSP of oil on the stovetop in a sautee pan over medium heat. Once oil is heated, add brussel sprout mixture to the pan and sautee for 5-10 minutes.
- Turn the heat down and add the bbq vinaigrette to the pan.
- Cook for another 2-5 minutes.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
Mini Corncake Pan
- This item does NOT require to be reheated, but in the case that any of you want to have warm cornbread.
- There are a couple of ways to do this item.
- Remove the lid from the Mini pan and replace it with tin foil, bake in the oven with the ribs for no longer than 10 minutes.
- OR you can remove each individual serving from the tin pan and microwave each for 25-35 seconds on a microwave-safe plate or bowl uncovered.
Desserts are Ready to serve.
Our 2022 Valentine's Day Meal! These will be available for pre-order only. You can order for February 12th - 14th. All the meals will come cold with simple reheating instructions.
The meals are designed to serve two people.
- 1/2 Citrus Chicken
- 1/2 Rack of Ribs
- Mini Pan of Corncake
- Pork Belly Brussel Sprouts
- 2 Red Velvet Cupcakes
You can pre-order now, just select the location you would like to order from, then select a date between February 12-14th. The meals are under "Valentine's Day Specials"!
- Page 1 of 4
- Next page