Tips for Picking up a Catering Order
We wanted to provide some tips we’ve learned for setting up your order once you get the food to your venue:
- Position the items in line from least popular to most popular. Usually, that means putting cold sides first, then warm sides, then ending with your meats.
- Put your sauce out at the far end of the table.
- If you are providing plates, consider the size of the plates. The larger the plate, the more food people will take. If portion control is important, go with a slightly smaller plate.
- For pick-up orders, we do provide serving utensils.
- If you have coleslaw, be sure to stir it well before serving.
- If you are using chafing dishes and sternos, you can count on getting 4 hours of heat.
- For packaging leftovers, we have found that gallon Ziploc bags work well.