How to Make a Mushroom Duxelle - Perfect for a Beef Wellington!
Mushroom Duxelles are delicious, they pair perfectly with the tenderloin in a beef Wellington, and the best part, they’re extremely easy to make!
- 1/2lb of Button Mushrooms
- 1/2lb of Baby Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 Shallot
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 1tsp. Salt
- 1tsp. of Pepper
- 2 Sticks Thyme
- Add all ingredients in a food processor.
- Blitz it up!
- Use the food processor until all ingredients are well broken down – you’re looking for a brown paste like substance.
- Cook in a hot pan (about 6 minutes) – The reason you cook it is to release all the moisture, this adds to the flavir and keeps your Wellington crisp!
- Add your favorite Cognac and cook for an additional two minutes.
- Let it chill.
To see how to use your duxelle in a Wellington click here!