How to Cook (Flank) Steak for Fajitas
Flank Steaks are an extremely popular choice for fajitas, and for good reason. They’re generally a less expensive cut, delicious, and simple to cook. This citrus marinated flank steak is easy to pull off and will wow your guests.
- 1.5 Cups of Mango Juice
- 1.5 Cups of Orange Juice
- 1/2 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. of Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tbsp. of Cumin
- 1/2 Cup of Unpacked Fresh Cilantro
- 1/4 Cup of Fresh Oregano
- 1 Jalapeno
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- Fresh Lime Juice (one limes worth)
Procedure (2.5 Hours)
- Place all ingredients in mixing bowl and stir until they are well incorporated.
- Place your Flank Steak in a large Ziplock bag.
- Pour the marinade into the bag. TIP – Why so much citrus? The acidity helps break down the steak allowing all of the big flavors to enter the meat!
- Place your bag in the fridge.
- After an hour flip your bag over.
- Let the steak marinate for a minimum of two hours.
- Turn your grill on Medium High heat.
- After about two minutes rotate your steak 90 degrees. TIP – Why rotate? This is how to achieve the great grill marks you see from high end chefs!
- Flip after 3.5-4 minutes.
- Repeat the same steps on the opposite side.
- Pull the steak from the grill when you reach an internal temp of 125 degrees.