Caramel Apples With Bacon
A perfect treat to try at home!
- Honey Crisp apples 4/5
- 2 packs of thin cut bacon
- 1 3/4 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla
- Put bacon in the smoker at 250 for 30 minutes or until crispy.
- Place the bacon on a paper towel to get rid of as much of the grease as possible.
- Use a wooden stick to stab apples. Place apples in the fridge to stay cold.
- Mix Cream, Corn Syrup, Brown Sugar, Butter, and Salt in a heavy bottom saucepan over medium heat. Try your best not to stir; that will add bubbles to the caramel. Heat till 235 degrees. Pull off heat and add Vanilla. Let rest 10 minutes.
- Dip apples into the Carmel sauce covering it as much as you can. Roll in bacon bits or other toppings and let rest on a baking mat or Parchment paper.
**Things I learned** Candy thermometers help. Use a silicone mat or parchment paper to rest the apples after dipping. Dip those apples fast – Saddleback Co-Owner, Matt Gillett.