Ingredients (6 servings)
- 2lbs to 5lbs pork shoulder
- 1 yellow onion
- 16 oz Saddleback BBQ Sweet and Savory Barbecue Sauce - Should each recipe just use one bottle of sauce, makes it more seamless…?
- 6 sesame seed buns
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/8 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- .5 tablespoon granulated garlic
- .5 tablespoon onion powder
- Mix all spices together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Dice yellow onion place in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Place the pork shoulder into the crockpot on top of onions. Apply dry ingredients to the pork, make sure to cover the entire surface area of the pork.
- Pour 10oz of Saddleback BBQ Sweet and Savory Barbecue Sauce on top of pork. Cover crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours. You want the internal temperature of the pork to reach 202 degrees.
- Remove pork shoulder from crockpot, let rest for 8 minutes, pull the pork into shreds.
- Place 4oz of pork on a sesame bun, drizzle the remaining Saddleback BBQ Sweet and Savory Barbecue Sauce overtop the pork and serve.