Thank you so much for purchasing a Take & Bake Beef Wellington, now it's time for the fun part, so put on your chef's hat!
- 1-2 eggs
- Kitchen Brush
- Bread Knife
- Thin Spatula
Procedure (About 50 Minutes)
- Preheat Your Oven to 400 degrees
- Crack and whisk 1-2 eggs.
- To give the pastry a great golden brown color, using a kitchen brush evenly apply the egg wash to the surface of the Wellington.
- Generously sprinkle salt to the top of the pastry, this will help the pastry crisp. You do not need to use all of the salt, we provide moer than is necessary.
- For a more professional look, you can take the sprig of rosemary and remove the needles placing them on top of the pastry.
- Place the pastry in the bottom rack of your oven using the aluminum pan it comes in.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes. (Make sure to remove the aluminum cover it comes with)
- Take the Wellington out, let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- To remove the Wellington from the tray after cooking, use a thin spatula and carefully wedge underneath the pastry. With the spatula underneath the Wellington use your other hand (careful it's hot) to guide it out.
- Using a bread knife, gently cut your Wellington, make sure to use small strokes and let the knife do the work.
Thank you so much, we sincerely hope you enjoy your meal, have a great New Years!