How to Reheat Prime Rib
Prime Rib has been an ongoing special for Saddleback over the years. We try to offer it 3-4 times a year. It is usually sold in rather large portions, which ultimately leads to leftovers. When trying to reheat your left over prime rib you need to be careful to do it the right way or it will lead to drying it out and ruining the best qualities of the meat. We have a process for this that we're confident will be as close as possible to as enjoying it fresh.
One of the most important aspects when reheating prime rib is evaluating your portion size. This is going to lead to dramitically different procedures.
Reheating a Whole Prime Rib:
- Wrap the entire cut in plastic wrap
- Place in large pan
- Fill pan with about 3/4 inch of water
- Securely wrap entire pan in aluminum foil
- Place in 350F oven for 30 minutes
- Check for internal temp of 130F
- If not done, place back in oven, checking every 10 minutes
Reheating a Slice of Prime Rib
- Place skillet on stove over medium heat
- Pour small amount of olive oil in skillet
- Cook on each side for 5 minutes