Seafood can always be a little tricky to pull off perfectly. Here we go over a simple recipe for great shrimp, and perfect for fajitas!
Ingredients (Initial Marinade)
- 1 Cup of Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. of Salt
- 2 tsp. of Pepper
- 2 tsp. of Red Pepper
- 2 Cloves of Garlic Finely Diced Garlic
- 2 lbs of raw jumbo shrimp
Ingredients (Agave Butter)
- Whole Stick of Butter
- 2 Cloves of Finely Diced Garlic
- 1/3 Cup of Cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. of Agave Nectar
- Two Shots of Mescal
- Take the ingredients for the marinade and pour them into a large bowl with your shrimp.
- Mix the ingredients until the shrimp are completely covered.
- Place the shrimp on skewers. TIP: place the skewer through the head and tail!
MESCAL AGAVE BUTTER
- Place the whole stick of butter in a warm sauce pan. Let it melt.
- Add your garlic, cilantro, agave nectar, and mescal.
- Let it simmer until about 1/4 of the solution dissipates (about 15 minutes)
COOKING THE SHRIMP
- Turn your grill on medium high heat.
- Once your grill is up to heat place your shrimp skewers on the grill.
- Brush your mescal agave butter on the shrimp.
- Flip your shrimp after about 3 minutes.
- Brush your butter on the other side of the shrimp.
- Grill for another 3 minutes.